Brave. Black. First.
100 Postcards Celebrating More Than 50 African American Women Who Changed the World
By: Cheryl Hudson
Illustrated by: Erin K. Robinson
- These 100 stunning postcards celebrate 50 groundbreaking African American women, from Harriet Tubman and Rosa Parks to Angela Davis and Beyoncé—published in collaboration with the Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- Based on the children’s book Brave. Black. First., these empowering postcards celebrate artists, athletes, activists, politicians, and writers who championed civil rights in their communities.
- Each card features the portrait on the front and, on the back, an inspiring quote, short biographical information, and space for writing a message.
- With two postcards for every portrait, you’ll have one to send and one to save.
- Taken together, the collection captures the iconic moments of fifty African American women whose heroism and bravery rewrote the American story for the better.