Antique Quilts 2023 Wall Calendar
Sought after for the graphic punch of their largely abstract compositions, not to mention their historical and sentimental associations, antique quilts are deeply valued works of art. A jury of quilt experts selected the Hexagon Mosaic, featured in November within this calendar, as one of the hundred best American quilts of the 20th century. (Albert Small of Illinois designed the mosaic quilt in the 1930s. From his six templates, no larger than a dime, quiltmaker Grace Snyder of Nebraska created her masterpiece, incorporating an astounding 58,640 hexagons!) Practical, warm, and of infinite variation, quilts were often created to celebrate special occasions such as weddings and births or were made as remembrances and memorials. The International Quilt Museum, located on the University of Nebraska–Lincoln campus, has the world’s largest publicly held quilt collection, dating from the early 1700s to present day and representing more than 60 countries; the 12 superb examples collected here celebrate the cultural and artistic significance of quilts.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
• Pomegranate’s calendars feature exclusive selections of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the International Quilt Museum
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.