National Trust School of Gardening
National Trust School of Gardening: Practical Advice From the Experts
Written by Rebecca Bevan
Easy-to-follow practical advice from the best gardeners in Britain
- The National Trust looks after hundreds of beautiful gardens of every imaginable shape and size across Britain, from the grandest country estate to the smallest cottage garden. They also manage such internationally renowned gardens as Sissinghurst and Hindcote.
- National Trust garden staff receive countless questions from visitors about plants growing in the gardens and techniques that can be tried at home, and this in-depth guide will pass on their wisdom and provide all the answers.
- This book is packed with images of National Trust gardens of all types, spanning over 300 years of horticultural heritage, to inspire keen amateur gardeners to realize their green-fingered ambitions.
- Written by expert gardener Rebecca Bevan, with the help of National Trust gardeners, it will inspire confidence in readers about developing their garden rather than overwhelming them with unnecessary technical detail.
- From herbaceous borders to gardening sustainably, the romance of roses to bountiful bedding, each chapter provides snippets of horticultural history, examples of best practice from National Trust gardens, and unique gems of wisdom. The topics covered are easily applicable to private gardens, enriching even the tiniest of urban spaces.