Oscar de la Renta Illustration Mug
- This commemorative mug showcases the exhibition graphics from The Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta : April 29, 2018 - August 19, 2018 at Mint Museum Randolph.
- Microwave and Dishwasher Safe
- Presented in collaboration with Oscar de la Renta LLC and the designer’s family, the exhibition featured approximately 50 ensembles sourced from de la Renta’s personal archives, the archives of French label Pierre Balmain, private lenders, and the Mint’s collection. It is curated by André Leon Talley, former editor-at-large for American Vogue magazine, current contributing editor, and lifelong friend of the designer, with assistance by fashion historians Molly Sorkin and Jennifer Park. This exhibition follows previous Talley-curated exhibitions in San Francisco and Houston, but is customized for Charlotte.
- From the start of his award-winning career, which spanned more than five decades and two continents, Oscar de la Renta set out to design beautiful clothes for every occasion in a woman’s life. The Glamour and Romance of Oscar de la Renta highlights recurring themes throughout his career, including the influence of the garden on his designs; Spanish influences; and Eastern European influences. The creations on view offer a window into de la Renta’s world through a range of looks, from elegant daywear to resplendent evening gowns.
- The exhibition also pays tribute to Marianna Sheridan of Charlotte, who befriended de la Renta and became the first archivist for Oscar de la Renta LLC.
- It’s all part of the “ Year of Fashion ,” a three-exhibition series celebrating an art form the Mint has collected for more than 40 years.