Pearlized Swirl Stem Flute
- Hand blown flute with pearlized spun details and a pearlized stem by artist Minh Martin of Romeo Glass.
- "I seek functional elegance—the transformation of raw, formless elements into a distilled beauty that graces everyday life. "
- Minh Martin believes the objects we surround ourselves with should engage our affections, pique our imaginations, and elevate our collective identity. He believes that art and craft are the antidotes to throw-away culture, and that by making durable and precious objects, we enrich ourselves and ensuing generations.
- Martin uses traditional tools and techniques. Starting with clear glass at 2,000 degrees, he adds detail and color throughout the process using solo techniques mastered over years of experimentation. Metals such as silver and titanium are a signature of his work and create dazzling finishes. His current collections explore surface design utilizing cameo techniques and precious metal enamels.
- Martin was born in Saigon, Vietnam and was raised Mennonite in rural Pennsylvania. After studying geophysics at Yale University, he ended up in Santa Barbara, CA where he apprenticed with the great Brioni. After short stints in other glass studios, he returned to the East Coast. He now lives and works in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.