Van Gogh Irises 1000 Piece Puzzle
• Gather with family and friends for puzzle-piecing together!
• These luxury puzzles are crafted with attention to every detail
• High-quality 250-GSM matte art paper for superior color, crisp details, and no glare
• Ribbon-cut thick board for snug fit and minimal dust
• Produced using thick recycled paper board
• Exclusive selection of art from museums and artists around the world
Published with the J. Paul Getty Museum
Box size: 13 x 10 x 1.875 in.
Puzzle size: 25 x 20 in.
With rippling, agitated brushstrokes and bold, sometimes startling colors, the paintings of Vincent Van Gogh reveal the competition between bliss and anguish that preoccupied the artist during his last decade of life. Between 1880 and 1890, Van Gogh created more than two thousand paintings and drawings. Struggling against madness, he made art that shimmers and glows, revealing little of his life’s turbulence. Though intensely driven, Van Gogh was a deeply thoughtful artist who had the respect of his Impressionist peers. His images convey the earthy, spiritual joy he took in his surroundings, and to see the mundane through his eyes is to see it anew; his depictions of wheatfields, vineyards, and cottages, and the irises seen here, become surprising delights from an alternative world. Though his genius remained largely unknown during his lifetime, today Van Gogh is second only to Claude Monet in worldwide recognition and appreciation. The original painting of Irises is in the J. Paul Getty Museum.